At Centre Stage School of Dance we provide a wide range of classes in a safe and friendly environment. Centre Stage opened in 2011 with just a couple of classes on a Saturday morning. Today we have over 200 families come through the door every week. Classes are for all abilities and we have children from 18 months to adults.
Read Full Job Description...
Our goal is to teach correct technique in all of our classes while encouraging and supporting so all dancers and performers to achieve their best and gain confidence.
- We believe in the whole, unique child – we want to encourage our dancers to be wonderful human beings, not just great dancers.
- Have Fun! – We want the whole experience at Centre Stage to be an enjoyable one, whether it is being greeted by name when they arrive or while in class.
- Be Kind – support each other. We are a friendly and helpful dance school where lifelong friendships are built.
- Try Your Best – Don’t compare yourself to anybody else, be the best version of yourself.
- Don’t Give Up! – We don’t say “I can’t do it”. We say “I can’t do it YET. But give me some time to practise and I will be able to do it”.
We are a supportive and friendly team. We are like one family who all share the same passion. We are just as keen on supporting and developing our staff, as we are the students.
The dance school is growing every day and you could be a part of this amazing transformation.
Our families and dancers are fabulous and we need someone to look after them and take more care of them while they are at the studio. This is where you will come in!
Roles and Responsibilities
Your main role will be to look after all of the families that come to the studio. Welcome them with a smile and be on hand to answer any queries.
Other duties will include:
- Answering the studio phone and dealing with any enquiries
- Taking cash and card payments
- Keeping clear and detailed reports of all payments taken
- Fitting dance shoes and uniform
- Ordering office supplies and uniform
- Creating, printing and photocopying documents
- Email inbox management
- Light cleaning duties
- Making calls to potential customers and existing ones
- Using dance studio software to keep customer records accurate and up to date
- Calendar management
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Have excellent organisation skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Have good communication skills, oral and written
- Have excellent listening skills
- Be friendly and approachable
- Use their initiative
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Be confident using a laptop and a range of apps and software (training will be given on our own studio software and systems)
- You must have your own laptop with the capability to print wireless
This role is not for you if you have a full time job and need some extra work on the side.
Hours will be:
Wed: 3.30pm – 8.30pm
Thurs: 3.30pm – 8.30pm
Fri: 3.45pm – 7.15pm
Saturday: 8.30am – 12.30pm
So, if you want to be part of something big and help make a difference to the Thetford community then we would love to hear from you.
If you’ve read this and it sounds like you and this role sounds like it is going to get you out of bed in the morning then we’d love for you to apply